About the vacancy
Guildford Harbour Hotel is owned by Harbour Hotels, a group of luxury hotels based across the South of England who are currently recruiting to grow their unique Chef Academy with the next selection of Apprentice Chefs.
Responsibilities of the Apprentice Chef:
• Gain experience across all areas of the kitchen to gain knowledge to complete Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard.
• To use available resources to learn and develop sufficiently, cook, prepare and present ingredients and finished dishes in the restaurant.
• Work as a team with the kitchen brigade to maintain the highest standards at all times.
• Ensure all mise-en-place/food prep is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Attend Academy Training days once a week at our Christchurch Head Office.
• Learn and adhere to all HACCP & COSHH procedures, including all open, close down and cleaning procedure including the safe use of equipment and knives.
• Assisting the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to the highest standard
• Complying with and having full knowledge of regulations regarding Health & Safety policies
• Operating ovens, stoves, grills and fryers and other various kitchen utensils and equipment to prepare foods
• Preparing and cooking food according to recipes and quality standards
• Monitoring the quantity of food that is prepared including portioning, chopping and storing food before use
• Setting up and breaking down your workstation
• Storing items appropriately and cleaning your workstation as you go.
• Undertaking any reasonable duties assigned by senior members of the team
Due to the nature of our restaurants, our trainee Chef programme offers unique and exciting environments to work and learn in, under the guidance of our talented Head Chefs and teams.
As well as being based 4 days on site in our kitchens, once a week our apprentice chef academy operates from Head Office, where you will spend the day with other apprentices brushing up and refining the skills you need to cover for the apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include 6 workshops a year, ranging from butchery to pastry, as well as being involved in a variety of day trips to markets, suppliers and off site masterclasses.
To support our bespoke training programme the owner has invested in a training Academy at Head Office which mimics all Hotel departments.<br/>None needed however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Jobs, courses, opportunities. Need advice? Simple - Talk to an expert at HIT.
Inspirational training helps you on the road to success - develop while you earn.