About the vacancy
The Cornubia Inn is a modern traditional pub serving traditional pub food. They cater for all, with Vegetarian options and a full kids menu. Food is served daily from 12pm-till late. From a gourmet burger or classic fish and chips or just a light bite like sizzling garlic and chilli King Prawns or homemade soup with a baguette, the quality is as good as in any top restaurant - but at an affordable pub price.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to learn how to produce classic and contemporary pub food using fresh local ingredients at Cornubia Inn. Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
1. Preparation and cooking of food within the accepted standards
2. Marketing and presentation of food to a high standard
3. Undertake menu planning with [Head Chef/Manager], to include input to menu content, including pricing
4. Order supplies, keep records of stocks, including stock management of the kitchen and checking deliveries for quality
5. Adherence to food hygiene standards including ensuring HACCP’s processes are followed and recorded as required
6. Maintain professional standards within the work place
7. Manage team, including coordinating activities of staff, preparing staff rota’s and conducting training for junior staff to aid their development
8. Work at all times within the codes of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, ensuring all Health & Safety standards are adhered to.
<br/>Grade 4/C or above in Maths and English is an advantage, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Jobs, courses, opportunities. Need advice? Simple - Talk to an expert at HIT.
Inspirational training helps you on the road to success - develop while you earn.