About the vacancy
Holiday Inn Chester South have a fantastic opportunity for a keen apprentice to join their kitchen team and learn the trade alongside working towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualifications.
As a Chef School Apprentice at Kew Green Hotels, you will develop your culinary skills by recreating menus and producing specials, learning sections of the kitchen as you progress and whilst doing so, learning about stock control and profitability. You’ll learn about developing new menus and food trends too – all things that will make you an outstanding future leader.
Day to day you can expect to undertake tasks such as:
• Preparing ingredients for busy shifts
• Making sauces, stocks etc
• Plating up and presentation of dishes
• Using a variety of different cooking methods to prepare dishes from the menu
• Working in a safe and hygienic manner
• Taking instruction from the senior chef team to ensure a fantastic service
• Cleaning and organising of your kitchen and station
<br/>None however if you do not hold a C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) you will need to complete this as part of your programme.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Jobs, courses, opportunities. Need advice? Simple - Talk to an expert at HIT.
Inspirational training helps you on the road to success - develop while you earn.