About the vacancy
Cotham School is an extremely successful co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
You will be providing support in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages and ensuring that kitchen and serving areas are cleaned to acceptable standards after service, alongside working towards your Level 2 Qualification
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To assist with the smooth running of the school kitchen and assist at catering functions.
• To maintain standards of cleanliness, safety and hygiene of the premises and equipment and to work within the guidelines of the Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations.
• To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages to appropriate hygiene standards as directed by the Catering Manager/Chef
• To prepare the dining area to include moving and setting up tables and waste bins
• To prepare the service area, hot cupboards and other equipment in the dining area to ensure food is served efficiently and in a hygienic environment.
• To assist with till operation and accounting procedures with regard to payments for food and drinks from students and staff.
• To load dishwashers and to wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, containers, tables and all other catering equipment in the dining areas.
• To clean on a daily basis all catering areas to standards laid down by the school as directed. To assist in cleaning up the dining areas, kitchens and catering equipment after the lunch periods, including cleaning and putting away tables and chairs, washing up/loading dishwashers, cleaning kitchen surfaces and kitchen equipment as required.
• To assist in the checking of food deliveries, and assist in storing foods appropriately as directed by the Catering Manager.
• To inform the Catering Manager of any defects in equipment, suspect food or other concerns relating to food hygiene.
<br/>Food hygiene, health and safety and food technology qualifications desirable.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Jobs, courses, opportunities. Need advice? Simple - Talk to an expert at HIT.
Inspirational training helps you on the road to success - develop while you earn.