It’s ideal for supervisors or managers although anyone can gain a personal licence no matter their job role.
The BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (QCF) is aimed at anyone who wishes to work in licenced premises where alcohol is sold. This qualification will provide learners with the knowledge they need to successfully operate in the licenced sector. During their training, learners will look at licensing authorities; the responsibilities of the personal licence holder; police powers; rights of entry; specific prohibitions; strengths of alcoholic drinks; responsible retail of alcohol; and the protection of children from harm.
- Understand the licensing law, what a licensable activity is and the importance of the licensing objectives.
- Understand the nature, purpose and validity of a personal licence and the roles and responsibilities of a personal licence holder.
- Understand the law in relation to a premises licence.
- Understand what a temporary events notice is and when they are required.
- Understand the powers that the police and other enforcement agencies have in relation to a licenced premises.
- Understand the law in relation to children in licenced premises and what we can do to protect them.
- Understanding own responsibility within alcohol retailing.
- The duration of the course is 1 day
Training will be delivered in a blended approach, including direct teaching over a one day workshop and self directed online learning. Assessment will be a multiple-choice exam.
Number of Delegates:
- Min/ Max: 10-15.