About the vacancy
Each of Eden Hotel Collections carefully chosen nine hotels offer guests a seductive slice of luxury. All are exquisitely unique, but share the same value of providing guests with total relaxation. From historic architecture and peaceful surroundings to outstanding food and drink, their guests will experience a heavenly escape when visiting.
What you will be doing:
Eden Hotel Collections Academy will provide the opportunity for you to work for them on a full-time basis and to ‘earn while you learn’, setting you up with the very best skills, qualifications and experience to begin your career in the industry. They have partnered with ourselves - HIT Training to create a Chef Academy, where instead of college day release, you will attend 1-2 days of training per month, with accommodation and travel costs covered. The successful candidate will work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
The training is delivered in house by their Director of Food & Beverage, a previous Michelin awarded Chef and HIT Training. Back in your hotel, you will learn on-the-job from exceptional chefs within a highly skilled kitchen brigade (we hold 2-3 rosette’s in each of our Brasseries/Restaurants), whilst working with premium seasonal produce and high quality equipment/tools.
What you’ll need?
We want to hear from aspiring Chefs who love the idea of creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have high standards and bags of flair and creativity and can commit to the following:
• To follow and maintain all procedures (HACCP, Health and Safety, COSHH and Food Safety Management) to the required standards to which training has been received.
• To adapt and respond to different shift patterns and section needs.
• To respond maturely to any given situation without hesitation.
• To report all important issues back to senior chef.
• To communicate effectively within the section.
• To contribute to the daily mise en place of the section.
• To follow strict rules of personal hygiene.
• To report any sickness immediately to a senior chef.
• To accurately record working hours.
• To show understanding of food cost and produce.
• To show alertness, vigilance and attention to detail of all work.
• To be proactive in self-development.
• To promote the image of Eden Hotel Collection as a professional organisation.
• Assist with achieving IIP standards for the hotel.
• Comply with all Company Policies and legal requirements with special reference to Health and Safety.
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where we’ll expect you to be hungry to learn more. You will be working a minimum of 40 hours per week, across 5 days (inclusive of training days). Our hotels are busiest on Fri-Sunday, and so you should be prepared to work regular weekends.<br/>GCSE Maths and English of 'C/4' Grade or Functional skills equivalent.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Jobs, courses, opportunities. Need advice? Simple - Talk to an expert at HIT.
Inspirational training helps you on the road to success - develop while you earn.