People who are tasked with recruitment and hiring in their organisations.
This highly practical course follows a structured approach to the processes in recruitment and interviewing, from examining the underpinning legislation, through preparatory activities including screening and shortlisting applicants to designing interview questions. Finally, we take a brief look at reference checking and employment contracts. The course is based on the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) approach to competency-based interviewing and delegates are given the opportunity to practise their skills in a mock interview on the second day.
- Understanding the STAR approach
- The difference between a newly created position and a replacement
- Developing a recruitment budget
- Screening and shortlisting applicants
- Using job descriptions and person specifications to design competency-based interview questions
- Conducting the interview
- Reference checking and the contract of employment
- 1 day + 1 day practical
Number of Delegates:
- Min/max: 5-12