The purpose of the “Desktop Quality Assurer” will be to focus on the administration and compliance aspect of the quality assurance function. This will ensure that there is a consistent approach to the formative and summative quality assurance processes within the region and provide a clear commitment to the learner journey and how our trainers are managing their caseloads effectively.
“Desktop Quality Assurers” will operate across both the North and South regions within their sector specialisms in Hospitality or Health & Social Care. The role will require a strong learner focussed approach to compliance and will ensure that learners are on the correct programmes, the learner journey and correct progress is being effectively delivered at each stage and that trainers KPI’s are being monitored and recorded to support personal development and improvement of performance.
- Maintenance of all sample plans and creation of sample planning activity in line with the risk banding criteria.
- Checking of trainer personal development plans to ensure that the correct planning is being recorded and completed to support trainer development.
- Completion of all formative quality assurance activity at the required stages as per risk banding.
- Sampling of all Gateway meeting content and quality to ensure that accurate and timely EPA readiness.
- Completion of summative quality assurance activity to ensure accurate and timely completion of all framework and standards programmes.
- To action deferred quality assurance reports and following up of actions monthly. Deferred action process to be followed.
- Sampling of Learning Support to ensure the correct identification of learning barriers and the appropriate interventions are taking place.
- Completion of regular apprentice telephone interviews and invigilation of testing process checking.
- To report breaches of HIT/C2C or awarding organisation assessment practice and policy to a Quality Manager. Carry out investigation as requested by Quality Manager.
- To ensure countersigning activity for all unqualified trainers is completed as requested
- To ensure that all paper based testing processes and procedures are accurately completed and papers are booked as per rota.
- To liaise with the Development QAs on live FQA and developmental observation of teaching and learning to ensure that the trainer PDPs accurately reflect and highlight development and CPD.
- Monthly reporting areas of good practice and areas for development highlighted through QA activity to the Desktop Coordinator.
- Monitoring and sampling of assigned National Accounts summarised in the completion of 301 report. This could also include live site sampling and observation of delivery.
- To fulfil the requirements as requested by the QM for 100% FQA of suspended and transfer learners.
- To ensure all TAs have support with the relevant VLE/e-portfolio systems to maintain their skills and competency and support effective and efficient use of these
- The daily ordering of certificates following the SQA with the Awarding Body. Checking that all the certificated components of the framework are secured.
- It is encouraged for your CPD that you train and assess a standards learner.
- To carry out screening of potential employees via telephone interviews as requested by the QM.
- To attend and facilitate company standardisation sessions
- To support sector managers to recruit for skills gaps/specialisms
- To carry out pre enrolment interviews for L4 and L5 apprentices.
- To ensure own CPD is kept up to date and current
Key Performance Indicators
The Desktop Quality Assurers key performance indicators (KPIs) are designed to reflect the effect their role in quality can have on the learners/apprentices. Therefore allowing the QA to measure performance and impact made for the trainers they are responsible for. The KPIs that the Desktop QA will be measured against will ensure that there is a clear set of targets to be continuously maintained and this will ensure that the performance of both North and South Regions remains at a sufficient level and exceeds the targets of the awarding organisations, EFSA and Ofsted.
- Improve standards in teaching, learning and assessment, using current grades as base indicator and establishing an agreed indicator for grades 1 and 2 of 68%+
- DCS with all AO, all programmes
- Timely processing of TA closed, ensuring month end data is processed without error
- Certificate claims are accurate
- The Desktop QA will ensure the developmental feedback given from sampling, graded observations of teaching and learning into the trainers’ personal development plans. All PDPs will be maintained and up to date and revisited at least once per quarter to monitor that actions have been/are being addressed and improvements made.
- To ensure that the National Accounts you are responsible for have had the appropriate sampling and quarterly reports completed (301)
Desktop QA Skills
- Excellent Communicator at any level, through all media
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills in Word, PDF, Google Drive, Etrack, Maytas and Excel
- Full understanding of funding rules and HIT compliance policies and procedures
- Immaculate time management skills
- Flexible approach to work and a proven track record to prioritise tasks effectively
- Proven track record for developing people
Apply for role