About the vacancy
Skern Lodge are an outdoor activity and development training centre based in Appledore, North Devon. Established in 1976, Skern Lodge provides education, learning and fun through adventure.
Skern Lodge have an exciting opportunity for a chef who is keen to progress and learn about kitchen supervision to join their team and work towards gaining a Level 3 Senior Production chef Qualification.
• Knowledge of dishwasher
• Catering / cooking skills
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Knowledge of who is who
• Knowledge of Dining room and kitchen systems
• Customer handling
• Waiting on table
• Knowledge of kitchen equipment
• To work in the pot wash sinks
• To be concerned about good quality standards of food and service
• To be aware of stock rotation
• Calmness, when under stress
• To have knowledge of all kitchen equipment
• To have knowledge of fire drill
• To prepare home-made sweets when necessary
• To provide a salad bar with each evening meal
• To keep cleaning schedule updated
• To assist with cover for sickness or holiday
• To report all problems to the Catering Manager
• First aid knowledge - at least one per shift qualified
• Knowledge of cleaning system, and cleaning products
• To complete cleaning schedule
• To assist as Chef
• Participate in team meetings.
• General kitchen duties to include, cleaning, and washing up.
• To complete the diary and temperature control monitoring record.
<br/>A level 2 in Professional Cookery / Commis Chef
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Jobs, courses, opportunities. Need advice? Simple - Talk to an expert at HIT.
Inspirational training helps you on the road to success - develop while you earn.